Enlist the Help of Others As You Pursue Your Dream
by Joyce Dunaway @DunawayJoyce
Surrounding ourselves with positive people who believe in our dream is important.
We can turn to them for advice or encouragement.
There are several ways to insure you’re learning from experts in your field and receiving the feedback you need to progress.
Joining a Critique Group
There are advantages to participating in groups of people who are striving for the same goal.
Here are several benefits of attending a writing critique group:
- Feedback which may include praise and suggestions for improvement
- Meeting published authors whose advice could propel you to the next level
- Brainstorming which might result in new ideas you never considered
Attending Conferences Pertaining to Your Dream
You may think the money and time invested in going to conferences is a waste, but there are advantages that are priceless.
- Networking may result in meeting your future agent or editor.
- Learning from experts in your field—those who have achieved what you’re striving for
- Making a new best friend
- Finding a mentor
Organizing a Group of Prayer Warriors
For this group it’s best to choose people who emulate a Christian lifestyle and pray on a consistent basis. It would be wise to select people who understand your goals and your motives for achieving your dream.
Through e-mail, text, or phone calls, you can contact your prayer warriors when you have a specific prayer request.
Here are a few examples of prayer requests that could be beneficial:
- A looming deadline
- Travel for interviews or conferences
- A presentation you may be nervous about
- Meeting new people
What is your suggestion for enlisting positive people who can help you achieve your dream? Please leave your comments in the section below.