Never Give Up Your Dream
by Joyce Dunaway @DunawayJoyce
Commitment and perseverance are the keys to success. Deciding to pursue your dream is a giant step which takes a lot of courage. Continuing to work toward your goal is often hard. There will be days you’re tempted to quit, but commitment and perseverance produce the accomplishment of your dream.
What are some obstacles which might derail the completion of your task?
- Health Issues
- Overtime at your job
- Family responsibilities
- Inability to say ‘no’
What are some strategies to help you overcome these obstacles?
- Take care of yourself physically: exercise, eating a nutritious diet and rest.
- If the request for overtime at your job is not required, perhaps the extra money might not be worth derailing your dream.
- Taking care of your family is important, but you could delegate some of the responsibilities to your spouse or children.
- One of the most effective tools of Satan is discouragement. Prayer keeps us in touch with God. Reading the Bible and memorizing verses will help you squelch Satan’s fiery darts.
- Just because someone requests your time for projects doesn’t mean to have to say “yes”. Ask God if this is His will for you. If not, say “no” without making excuses.
- Life is full of distractions. It takes planning to prevent as many as possible. If you’re a writer, creating a special area helps. If necessary, put a “Do Not Disturb” sign on your door.
What is the biggest obstacle hindering the pursuit of your dream? Be sure to leave your thoughts in the comment section below.