How a Vacation Can Help You Achieve Your Dreams
by Joyce Dunaway @DunawayJoyce
You’ve pushed yourself and remained focused on the pursuit of your dream, but you’re physically and mentally exhausted. Maybe you need a break.
Remember even God rested on the seventh day after six days of creation.
Our bodies and minds were not designed to work relentlessly. We are commanded to work six days a week and then take a Sabbath. Perhaps after months of diligent work, you need a few days or a week off.
Plan a trip or activities close to home which would rejuvenate your mind and body.
Following are some tips on how a vacation can help you achieve your dreams:
Choose a Relaxing Activity
- Read that novel you’ve been too busy to start.
- Get a massage, manicure or pedicure.
- Go shopping or have lunch with a friend.
- Watch a TV show you recorded.
- Take a nap or a long leisurely bath.
Engage in a Physical Activity
- Choose something you enjoy—hiking, walking on the beach at sunrise, riding a bike, jogging, or playing tennis.
- Try something new—hang gliding, surfing, parachuting, sailing, snow or water skiing.
Limit Social Media
- Refrain from constantly checking your e-mails and social media sites.
- Turn your phone off for a few hours.
- Schedule your social media posts ahead of time.
Allow Yourself to Enjoy Your Vacation
- Remind yourself you’ve worked hard and deserve a break.
- Visualize how your life will be once you’ve achieved your goals.
- Choose a quiet spot in nature and reflect on the beauty of God’s creation.
- Pray for God’s guidance. He may supply you with a new idea or direction for achieving your dream.
I would love to hear how a vacation helped rejuvenate your mind and body. Please share your thoughts in the section below.