How Visualization Can Help You Achieve Your Dreams
by Joyce Dunaway @DunawayJoyce
To visualize is to form a mental picture of something.
By using your imagination you can conceive how your life would look once you accomplish your dreams.
Concrete visual aids along the journey will inspire you to continue with your goals when discouragement seeps into your mind.
Following are ideas for creating visual aids to help you achieve your dreams:
DREAM OF BECOMING A PUBLISHED WRITER
- Take a photo of yourself in a book store standing in front of the book shelf where your published book would be displayed.
- Create a cover for your novel and attach it to the front of a book.
- Write encouraging words on note cards or sticky notes and display them in your home and car. For example: I am a Great Writer, I am a Published Author.
- Write and recite a speech accepting an award for winning a contest.
- Photograph yourself wearing the outfit suited for an awards banquet while holding a trophy or plaque.
- Take a picture of yourself with the agent you desire to represent you.
DREAM OF BEING SUCCESSFUL IN ANY CAREER
- Take photos of yourself in the setting where your dream would be accomplished. If your goal is to become a teacher, the setting would be a classroom. If you want to be an executive, the place would be behind a desk. If you want to own a business, go to a similar business for the setting.
- Create a poster of the steps necessary to achieve your dream.
- Make a name plate for your desk.
- Draw pictures of what your accomplished dream would look like.
- Write encouraging words, phrases, or sentences on note cards and display them where you would see them several times daily.
Please share some of your ideas to help us visualize our dreams. Please leave your comments in the section below.